We are not all born with the physical advantages. We are not all grew up with enough conditions to become an athlete. But these are not the reasons why you can give up on your sports hobbies. If you do not have enough conditions to be an excellent athlete, you still can be a dynamic supporter.
Bring your cheer stuffs
– Cheer stuffs are not only make you look like a ‘professional’ fan but also make the mood of you and the athletes up. Any athletes/ teams would love to see their fans with beautiful clothes equipping full of cheer stuffs. They can feel the support of their fans and this will make them more excited.
– Cheer stuffs can be trumpets, megaphones, banners or pom poms. You can buy all of these in the major bookstores or other stores about sports. If you are confident of your creativity, you can DIY the cheer stuffs. Trumpets and megaphones (not the simple small paper megaphones) are a little hard to make so you still should buy it from the stores then decorate it uniquely. Banners can be designed and decorated in many ways. The pom poms can be made from paper using paper shredder (if you want to buy a paper shredder ,you should find out carefully before buying to choose a best paper shredder for you since there are many pitiful accidents about paper shredder).
– Your cheers are the best cheer stuffs ever. Do not be a silent supporter, let the athlete/ team hear your cheers. However, screaming too much can annoy other spectators. Be a polite and friendly fan.
Take care of the athlete/ team
– For example you are the manager of your class’s football team or your classmate is a important player of your school’s basketball team,… these are the best chances for you to show your admiration and support to them. Since they are really busy with training, you can prepare them water, vitamins or some nutritious food suitable for practice. Contacting with them may help you understand more about the sports that you really love but can not play.
– Your care is a big motivation for the athletes. But the excessive care can make them feel under pressure and will backfire.
Take part in a cheer team
– Take part in a cheer team helps you to have a chance to share your hobby with those have the same interests. You also can enrich your knowledge about your favorite sports through the other members of the cheer team. Once you understand more, you may love the sport more and have more enthusiasm to support your athlete/ team.
– After joining in a cheer team, you can make the cheer stuffs and pratice the cheers as well as cheer performances together with the others. This will make you cheerleading easier and happier.
Be optimistic and never give up
– In a competition, of course sometimes your favorite athlete/ team is overcome by their opponents. Do not be pessimistic too soon because of that, let’s cheer even greater for athletes so they can know that you still do not give up on them. They can turn it into energy and become more confident to turn the tide.
– Sometimes, your favorite athlete/ team cannot play their best for some reasons. As a fan, you should sympathize with them.
– If your favorite athlete/ team is definitely going to lose, the best way is you take the initiative to let them know you will still be their fans after the competition ends. Be angry and yell at everyone just makes the situation become worse, not only your favorite athlete/ team lose their motivation but also make the rivals’ fans think that you are so rude.
No matter how good you favorite athlete/ team are, they still can have struggle time and sometimes their performances do not up to the fans’ expectations. Nevertheless, a true fan should never be affected by these things. Everyone just need time to improve their skills, losing actually somehow is good for the athlete/ sport teams since they can gain the experiences and have a goal to strive when they know that there are a lot of people who are better than them.