Camping is definitely an interesting outdoor activity for young people. But without a careful preparation, your camping trip can turn out to be an awful memory. So beside preparing necessary things such as camping tent, food, belongings … there are some essential things that you should notice for a memorable journey.
1. First preparations
First of all, decide with whom you are camping and make sure everyone, including you won’t be suddenly absent on the scheduled date. After deciding who is all attending to the camping trip, you can specify the resposibility for members as who will provide the transportation, who will find a tent, who take the responsibility of buying the food and other supplies.
Find out the location and suitable transportation to get there. Don’t forget to check the weather forecast on the day you go camping. If it will rain on that day, you have to consider delaying the date. However, if you are ready to camp under the rain, you can follow some guidances and enjoy your own ideal trip. Find out the police station, clinic and other facilities nearby to be on the watch for unexpected accidents. If you are planning to camp in uncrowded area like the forest or the mountain, ensure the area around where you will camp is safe and make sure that you know the fastest way to the main road.
2. Decide what to bring and make a checklist
After completing the preparation steps, it’s time for you to prepare some stuffs for your camping trip. First and the foremost, make a checklist and write down everything you will need to bring on the list, which will keep you more organized when packing your suitcase. Then prepare your suitcase according to the list you have made. There are some tips for some of your necessary luggages that you should notice:
- Clothing: Depending on the location and purpose, individuals can choose to bring relevant clothing. But make sure you are not wearing too fussy and cumbersome. Pack your clothing into a good-sized for space saving, we have a lot more to bring.
- Food: Try to avoid packing a lot perishable food such as cheese, milk and other dairy product. Trail mix, fresh fruit, crackers are recommended. There are some peculiar foods that can hurt your stomach so just bring familiar food. You can buy it all in the supermarket instead of the market to ensure the food safety. However, self-cooking at camp is a very exciting activity so you may consider carrying less processed food. If there are groceries nearby your campsite, you can remove some food to lighter your luggage. Outdoor activities will take away a lot of your energy; therefore, bring lots of water is absolutely not redundant.
- First-aid kit: Do not be too focused on two things above and forget about the first-aid kit. Unexpected accidents can happen anytime and a first-aid kit can help you handle it easily.
– Check the list the last time, make sure you do not miss anything and pack your baggage. Remember not to overpack.
3. An unforgettable trip
– Find out some useful tips for your trip such as how to set up a camping tent. You can also prepare some performances to make the atmosphere more cheerful. It also helps you to make a good impression with the others.
– If there is a disagreement happen during the camping, remember to be calm and solve and situation wisely.
– Bring a camera to take some photos and post it on social network or just simply to save your beautiful memories is not a bad idea at all.
– Last but not least, after having fun at the camp, don’t forget the to do the cleanup to maintain a clean place for future campers. Pick up any trash found around the camp. Basically just make the campsite look as close to as you came as possible.
If you’re going to take a camping trip, just follow these steps and enjoy your wonderful trip. However, anything can happen despite your careful preparation. But no matter what happens, do not be too pessimistic. Let’s accumulate experiences for the next camping trips. Good luck on the trip!